2008 has a packed programme! See what the Libertarian Alliance will be up to, and get stuck in.
Posted By Tim Evans
Libertarian Alliance Unveils Largest Ever
Events Programme for 2008:
Save these Dates
Release: Friday 14th December 2007
The UK’s most radical free market group has launched its most ambitious annual programme to date, with a range of activities geared towards people who are interested in free market and libertarian ideas. In 2008, events for students are one priority for the Libertarian Alliance, as is the first annual LA Chris R Tame Lecture.
The Libertarian Alliance’s President Tim Evans and Director Sean Gabb today unveiled plans for the LA’s largest ever programme of events during 2008.
Dr Evans said:
“In 2008, the Libertarian Alliance will improve and expand its operations on all fronts. Next year will see the inaugural LA Chris R Tame Lecture, six dinners for Libertarian students from universities throughout the UK, and a Christmas Reception at the National Liberal Club.”
He added: “In addition to this, the LA will also host a further expanded LA Annual Conference in October 2008 and ten monthly LA Gold Subscribers’ Dinners in Westminster’s Shepherd’s Restaurant.”
However, Dr Evans explained that after 20 years, the monthly Putney Debates would be reduced to taking place every three months, but remaining on the second Friday of January, April, July and October.
“The original purpose of the Putney Debates was to provide a regular meeting place and somewhere for newcomers to the Libertarian cause to make friends and exchange ideas. The emergence of on-line social networks is creating new ways of achieving this objective. By expanding the range and quality of activities, the Putney Debates will become only one of many activities available to our supporters.”
In addition to this ambitious programme the organisation will also continue to expand its web site at http://www.libertarian.co.uk/ and its blog at http://www.libertarianallianceblog.com/ It will also continue to publish and freely distribute on-line a wide range of new pamphlets and press releases. And it will no doubt continue to attract widespread press and media attention.
Save the Dates in 2008
LA Putney Debates
- Friday 11th January 2008, 7.30pm
- Friday 11th April 2008, 7.30pm
- Friday 11th July 2008, 7.30pm
- Friday 10th October 2008, 7.30pm
LA Chris R Tame Lecture
- Early Evening, Tuesday 18th March 2008, National Liberal Club, One Whitehall Place, London SW1.
LA Annual Conference
- Saturday and Sunday 25-26 October 2008, National Liberal Club, One Whitehall Place, London SW1.
LA Christmas Reception
- Early Evening, Wednesday 3rd December 2008, National Liberal Club, One Whitehall Place, London SW1.
LA Gold Subscribers’ Dinners (By Invitation Only)
LA Fulham Dinners (By Invitation Only)
Notes for editors:
1) The Libertarian Alliance was founded in 1968 by Chris R Tame. It has produced over 800 pamphlets and monographs, all of which are in print and available free of charge from the LA website: www.libertarian.co.uk.
2) The Putney Debates are named after the debates between the Levellers and members of Oliver Cromwell’s New Model Army, beginning at the Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Putney, in Surrey (now in South West London), on 28 October, 1647. These moved to the Quartermaster General Thomas Ireton‘s lodgings (also in Putney) on the 29 October. The debates lasted until November 11. The first of the modern Putney Debates was held in October 1987.
3) LA Gold Subscribers pay £10 per month.
4) For more information contact:
LA President, Dr. Tim Evans on 07956 960523 or via email@example.com
LA Director Dr. Sean Gabb on 07956 472199 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Tim Evans
The UK‘s radical free market and civil liberties think tank
2 Landsdowne Row
London W1J 6HL
M: +44 020 7736 0903